Saturday, May 12, 2007
the promise of peace and rest.
Been quite bogged down the past few weeks since exams ended over a few things, in particular, about the new semester, and sadly (in a way), my final year in uni.I think my indecisiveness has reached a whole new level. I am Bad at making decisions, especially the more important decisions in my life as of now. Even after I had decided, quite resolutely on one thing, my mind constantly swings between this new decision, and my other alternatives. And so, my mind just swings back and forth, quite literally like a pendulum in motion, coming to a resting state right in the middle of the two ends, right back to where I started.
Many times, I wonder if my indecisiveness is a form of a lack of faith. Well, if I had more faith in God as to where I'm being led to and guided according to His will, I shouldn't be faltering, and getting so confused, and, indecisive. I don't think that my 'sudden' digging up of old stuff, the finding of my notebook, and the eventual stumbling onto something that I had jotted down years ago was by a chance coincidence. And I think this fruitful find, was meant as a refreshment of my track record of indecisiveness, of a lack of faith in God even, and ultimately, to serve as a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness to us, and the promise of minds and hearts at peace, if only , if only we exersise our faith in God and His perfect will, instead of relying on our limited and falliable abilities.
Like a river glorious,
is God's perfect peace
Over all victorious in its bright increase
Perfect, yet it floweth,
Fuller everyday.
Perfect, yet it groweth, deeper all the way.
Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand.
Never foe can follow
Never traitor stand.
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care.
Not a blast of hurry
Touch the spirit there.
Every joy or trial falleth from above.
Traced upon our dial,
By the sun of love
We may trust Him fully, all for us to do.
They, who trust him wholly,
Find Him wholly true.
Stayed upon Jehovah,
Hearts are fully blessed.
Finding as He promised,
Perfect peace and rest.
-anon-
sarah at 11:36 pm