Saturday, March 17, 2007
hiatus and a clean slate.
I don't really have to account for my absence or the lack of posts since this page is entirely for my personal reading pleasure. nonetheless, i've decided to mark today as the begining of a brand new start.. in some way.well, my hard disk crashed a week ago, and along with it, 2 and a half-years' worth of songs (ha!), videos, my entire seasons 5 and 6, and some epis of S7 of Gilmore Girls, PLUS, my HD-TV episodes of prison break(AHhhhh!!), my essays (which are kept in softcopy purely for keepsake..) oh, and not to mention, my painstaking collection of photos and pictures. the photos and pictures really hit me the most..
I guess I've really learnt my lesson to always have a back-up of everything dear to me
on a different note, looking back on this episode, i think i've learnt to let go of things more easily and to move on. I'm kind of seeing my new hard-disk as symbolic of a brand-new start somehow, to forget about painful past memories, maybe even those that aren't painful but are holding me back, preventing me from growing up and becoming the person that God wants me to be. And just as the hard-disk is capable of storing tonnes of new information that i'm about to load it with, I should start to dare to try new things, be courageous, and accumulate new experiences into my life, so that I can safely say that i have 'no regrets' when I'm bedridden, old, and suffering from dementia.
can't wait for Korea this July, and i think I've gotten addicted to travelling, amazing since I happen to suffer from motion-sickness. haha. murphy's law. bleah. and watching E! news' feature on frank miller's 300 reminded me of 'no pain, no gain'. to get washboard abs and toned toned physiques, the cast had to go through a gruelling regiment of 300 pushups a day, not to mention other biceps-toning exercises. poof! and i thought having to undergo fluctuating weight gains and loss were bad enough. imagine the mental and physical strain just to appear good in front of the cameras. ah wells. the kohl-overdose, superb CG-effects plus the grainy texture of the scenes still make 300 a movie not to be missed. still unconvinced? there's still rodrigo santoro and gerald butler and their toned bods running and fighting, killing each others' armies to make up for the predictable story-line anyway. ^_^
sarah at 12:04 am