Thursday, July 06, 2006

More photos.


Yep, just came back from my first ever group discussion at UCLA. We talked at the cafe in Northern Lights, some coffee-joint in the Students' Campus Centre and they were screening the France-Portugal match LIVE on BIG screen at the neighbouring fast food place. BAH! Anyhow, the tv room was wayyy to packed with humans, tall humans, warm air and fast food smells for me to go in to catch the remaning minutes of the wonderful game.

Yes, i'm making an assumption here. But you all should know that I'm one of those French supporters although i speak nothing that sounds remotely like French, neither do i know anything about the French revolution or the history of the lovely, scenic place, except that there's a french compiltaion CD titled Pink Martini and Hang On Little Red Tomato which is really easy-listening.

But still.. Henry rocks! I love his over-the-top expression during the Brazil France quarter finals when Ronaldo had a hand ball while trying to defend the free-kick. that expression, the hand movements.. that moment was simply kodak.

So back to the main point.
The photos were taken on my way to school for the past few days. Things that captivated or, less strongly put, made me want to stop although I'm running tight on time for my class just so I can take a picture and enshrine it as part of the whole UCLA experience for me to look back to when i get home. That was a pretty long sentence.

Back on the photos. I won't go in running order from left to right, up or down. But in general, the buildings that resemble old and ancient (okay, not so ancient) castles are actually what i pass by on my way to lessons everyday. yes, you saw correctly. I have lessons everyday, monday to fridays in the heart of a california summer. The trees or flowers on the trees are also plants, that i well, try to duck and walk under on my way to lessons fo fear of getting too much of the UVa and UVb rays. yeah, i'm sounding kinda phobic about all the UV rays when i enjoy going to siloso beach with friends for beach volley or just pure sun-tanning when i'm back in sg.
How people change when they're in a foreign land. Ah, and back to the picture collage, the school mascot is the bruin bear (pronounced as broon bear) which is in the middle of the Bruin walk which i have to walk by in order to get to classes EVERYDAY. i stress the everyday thing again and i wonder why.

Oh, and theres also a, not too flattering picture of my dormatory room ( do they still use the word dorm nowadays?) and my high high bed. I'm kind of getting used to climbing up and down in the nights and in the mornings though i hate it whenever i have to pee in the middle of the night. So i'll make sure that no water is drank after 11pm, or depending on whatever time i feel like sleeping.

thats about it then. I hope the group presentation cum discussion goes on well tomorrow. okay, smoothly would be enough.


I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
Harold Arnold Walter's creed


 Posted by Picasa

sarah at 6:38 am

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment