Saturday, October 01, 2005

Not surprisingly, as you get older the excitement that comes with every year on that particular day loses its novelty.
i'm not talking about receiving presents or birthday wishes.
When i was a kid, birthdays were all about big birthday cakes, blowing candles, and having a throng of people at your house to sing you the birthday song.
As i progressed in my growing up years, birthdays evolved to become a way for me to request for something i badly wanted but could never seem to save enough to buy on my own.
In secondary school, birthdays meant getting lots of presents from friends, strangers (in my opinion), the bigger the present, the better, as the number of gifts reflected your popularity. hehs.
In JC, birthdays was a time when friends could unwind from all the stress and hectic timetables amidst lessons for cake and photographs.
Uni isn't over for me yet, in fact, i guess i'm not wrong to say it kinda just started.
Am learning to handle stress, an overdose of caffeine, and working right into the ungodly hours.
These past and coming weeks are going to be aye so hectic and crazy and mind-draining for me. I miss having trainings to help de-stress myself and to remind myself that there are other things that make life so fufilling and enriching albeit the looming deadlines and tests.
Free – Hillsong [Hope]

Would you believe me if I said
We are the ones who can make a change in the world today
Would you believe me if I said
All the love and dreams in your heart can come true today
Would you believe me if I said
I can be all that you want me to be today
Would you believe me if I said
That God can make miracles happen today
Would you believe me if I said
That you don’t need to wait for the answers before you step up to pray
Would you believe me if I said
Nothing is ever impossible for God

Now if I had wings I would fly
Cause all that I need
You are
And if the world caved in around me
To you I still hold on
Cause You’re all that I believe
You’re the one who created me
Jesus because of You
I’m free
Many happy returns!

sarah at 11:12 am

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment